Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jane Make Baby #1


baby Mac at 7 weeks


Hi all!

I decided to start this little personal blog to keep close family and friends updated on my journey, if they are interested. Since our parents are away in different cities, we thought it would be a great way to keep you included on the progress of Baby #1.

As of right now, I am 10 weeks along. The nausea was only bad for a couple of weeks, and it really wasn't as bad as a lot of people. The main thing I've had a hard time with is the fatigue. I have about 3 hours of energy a day, and they never seem to be all together! The daily headaches also started last week, which the books tell me is because of my increase in bloodflow and volume. Not incredibly exciting stuff. But here's what they're saying about the baby right now:

Via BabyGaga:

Your astonishingly tiny baby has been growing as fast as possible, almost doubling in size in the past three weeks, which they'll re-do within the next three weeks!
Your tiny champion still weighs less than a quarter of an ounce but has already completed the most critical stage of their development.
In other digestive news, you're now carrying a tiny poo-factory as your little one now sports a functioning digestive tract capable of moving food all the way through to their bowels!
And the final shiny gold star on their fetal behavior chart for the week: your little scrapper has already developed defense mechanisms to protect them on reflex!

Last night, Alabama won the National Championship. Instead of repeating last year's raucous celebration that lasted into the wee hours of the morning, I was snuggled in bed by 11:30, wishing I was already asleep. Ah, pregnancy! But despite all that is going in my belly and in my body, I have lots of work to get done this week. The world doesn't stop for me creating a human, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment